The flute is the oldest Chinese Han nationality musical instrument discovered so far, among which is also the most representative and most ethnic wind instrument. One of the commonly used horizontal-blown woodwind instruments in traditional Chinese music, the Chinese bamboo flute, is generally divided into the southern tune flute, the northern bang flute and the alto flute in between. The range can generally reach two octaves and two more.
The dizi flute is often used in Chinese folk music, opera, Chinese national orchestra, western symphony orchestra, and modern music. It is one of the representative instruments of Chinese music. In national bands, the flute is a pivotal wind instrument and is regarded as a representative of national wind wind.
Most flutes are made of bamboo, but there are also flutes made of stone flutes, jade flutes, and mahogany. In ancient times, there were bone flutes. However, the best raw material for making flutes is still bamboo, because bamboo flutes have better sound effects and lower production costs.
What is the basic structure of dizi flute?
After the bamboo used in the flute is dried in the shade, it basically goes through the processes of cutting, painting, drilling, tuning, winding, and lettering. A major feature of the flute is that Tang poems and the name of the producer are often engraved on the flute.
The bamboo flute is made of a bamboo tube, the inside is hollow to form an inner bore, and the outside is cylindrical. The tube has 1 blowing hole, 1 membrane hole, 6 sound holes, 2 fundamental sound holes and 2 Sound hole.
How to choose a perfect Dizi flute for yourself?
Choosing a flute should be considered from the quality and category of the flute. The quality of flute depends not only on the quality of the flute itself, but also on the level of production.
When selecting and purchasing, we should check the following points:
(1) Check the bamboo quality of the flute. The bamboo quality of the flute is required to be solid (with old bamboo grain). The bamboo pattern is fine. The tube is straight and round. The head of the flute body is generally thicker than the tail, but the difference should not be too large. The thickness of the flute is moderate. The inner wall of the flute is flat and smooth. No insects, cracks, etc. all over the body. The appearance is beautiful and generous. These requirements can be identified visually.
(2) Check the pitch of the flute. The method is to follow the standard sound flute of the tuning instrument or the musical instrument (accordion, electronic organ, etc.) to control the test. After the tonic is determined, the accuracy of all the pronunciation of the flute is tested according to the interval relationship. You can also blow each overtone to see if it is easy to produce and clean. Examining overtones is also a good way to test real pitch intonation.
(3) Check the volume of the flute. Generally speaking, the louder the better. The flute with loud volume has great resonance and strong vibration. Sometimes there is a tingling sensation on the fingers when playing.
(4) Check the timbre of the flute. The general requirements for timbre are loose, thick, round, and bright. On the one hand, it depends on the quality of the flute itself. On the other hand, it has a close relationship with filming technology and playing skills.
(5) Test the sensitivity of the flute. Generally speaking, it is better for the sound to be breathed out and the pronunciation is not dull. The faster the response, the better.
If you are a beginner, it is best to buy the dizi flute with someone who knows about the flute . Checking whether the treble 6 of the tube tone 5 fingering is good or not is also a standard for checking the quality of the flute.
The tone for beginners should choose:
The same bamboo flute has various tones. How to make the decision? Generally speaking, beginners should choose the alto flute, E or F flute is more suitable. Because this kind of flute has a moderate pitch and is easier to play. Besides, it is often used in performances. If the conditions permitting, you want to choose a few more flutes. In addition to the middle flute in E and F, you can also choose a tune flute in D and a clapper flute in G. These two flutes are also commonly used. The flute in G and F tunes is helpful to the tone. And the flutes in C and D tunes are helpful for breath.